DrCruiter has been retained to assist a Fantastic, Expanding, Healthcare Company find their new Patient Appointment Scheduler in Buffalo, NY!
The Patient Appointment Scheduler will primarily assist providers’ offices with scheduling patients for Annual, Medicare, Wellness Visits.
This position will also help the Clinical Consultants (RN's) with administrative work when needed, as well as handling patient health risk assessment phone calls.
The Patient Scheduler/ Administrative Clerk will Travel to different providers’ offices and work with their staff to schedule patients. He or she will commute 4 to 5 days per week with some possible remote work from home about 1 day per week.
You will operate with significant independence and minimal supervision. You will meet regularly with the Regional Clinical Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist providers’ offices with scheduling patients’ Annual Wellness Visits.
- Commute to different providers’ offices and work with their staff to schedule patients.
- Communicate with patients regarding scheduling appointments.
- Serve as the companies point of contact for scheduling issues.
- This position will generally have a set weekday schedule with some early evenings and Saturday morning/afternoons requested on occasion.
- Help Clinical Consultants and Regional Clinical Manager with administrative duties as needed including handling patient health risk assessment phone calls.
- Any other duties requested by the Regional Clinical Manager.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working in a medical office or clinical setting
- High school graduate, some college preferred
- Excellent communication skills and prior experience working with patients and providers
- Outstanding customer service skills; sales experience a plus
- Professional demeanor with a positive attitude, outgoing, persuasive and persistent personality
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience navigating EMR systems a plus
- Demonstrated timely, consistent job attendance history
- Solid computer, grammar and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and decision making skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment
- Ability to occasionally work early evenings and Saturdays. LOCAL TRAVEL (All your appointed practices will be local!)